Any of the fabrics in my LWOriginals “It’s Raining Baby Showers” fabric collections at http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/lworiginals can be used to make tablecloths and runners.
Have fun making your tablecloths and runners.
The amount of fabric you will need will depend upon whether you are making tablecloths or runners, how much you want the tablecloths to overhang the table, how big the tables are, and how many tables you are going to cover. Measure accordingly then by the number of yards of fabric that you will need.
Each of our tables and runners have lace around the edges so you should buy enough lace trim to go around all the edges of all the tablecloths and runners you are making and provide a 1 1/2” overlap on the ends..
For the tablecloth pictured above which is 41” by 72” you will need the following:
1 Yard It’s A Girl! It’s A Boy! 4 Designs Squares fabric at http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/889314
1/2” Gathered Lace Trim - 21 Feet Long
Sewing Thread and Sewing Pins
For the runner pictured above which is 15” by 42” you will need the following:
Baby Nicky Girl and Boy and It’s A Girl! It’s A Boy! Squares fabric at http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/888811
3/4” Gathered Lace Voile Trim - 12 Feet Long
Sewing Thread and Sewing Pins
Both the tablecloth and runner are sewn the same way so our instructions apply to both.
1) Cut the fabric to fit the table or runner length you need and then iron it making sure to square the corners.
2) You are going to sew lace trim around the edges of the tablecloth and runner. However, you want the underside of the tablecloth or runner to be finished. To do this you will be folding the edges right sides together using a 1/4” seam allowance and sewing the lace on top of that.
3) Turn all the edges over 1/4” right sides together and pin.
4) Cut enough lace trim to fit around the edges with a 1 1/2” overlap.
5) Pin the wrong side of the lace trim to the wrong side of the fabric to cover the 1/4” overturned edge and pin in place making sure to square the corners. The edge of the lace trim should align with the edge of the overturned 1/4” fabric.
6) Sew the lace trim to the tablecloth or runner making sure to overlap the ends 1 1/2”.
7) Iron the lace trim and edges so they will lay flat.
8) Iron the tablecloth or runner to smooth out all the wrinkles.
That’s it. Your tablecloth or runner are done. Enjoy the baby shower.
Copyright © 2012 - 2014 All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh
To view and download my free e-book please CLICK HERE. You'll be brought to Google Drive where you can view our free e-book. Then just download our free .pdf e-book from the File menu in the upper left hand corner.
My Linda's How-Do-I Series? How To Make Our Baby Nicky and It's A Boy! It's A Girl! Centerpiece Dolls Cut and Sew Favor Ornaments E-Book is a 4-page e-book that shows you how to make my tablecloth and runner. They are really easy to make. You're going to love decorating your baby shower with them. Plus, they can be used afterwards by the mother-to-be as doilies for babies bureaus, etc.
For more information on all my free e-patterns, e-printables and e-books please CLICK HERE.
However, you may link to my website(s)/blog(s) and the individual page(s)/blog post(s) (including 1 picture) but do not copy, reprint or duplicate my website(s)/blog(s) or individual page(s)/post(s )without my permission.
Items made from Linda Walsh Originals Products are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) of items made from Linda Walsh Originals products are by permission only.
Please see my Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Copyright © 2004 - 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.